St Mary’s School is committed to providing a safe environment for all students and young people and will take active steps to protect them from abuse.
To achieve this the school has developed and actively enforces Child Safety Strategies to ensure that any person involved in ‘child connected work’ is aware of their obligations and responsibilities for ensuring the safety of all children under their care.
- Establishment of strategies for embedding a culture of child safety at the school
- Maintenance and communication of a policy affirming the school’s commitment to child safety and the promotion of an environment where children feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential
- Maintenance and implementation of a Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Established processes for screening, supervision, training, and other human resource practices to reduce the risk of child abuse and promote a child safe learning environment
- Maintenance and communication of procedures for responding to and reporting child safety complaints, suspected abuse, disclosures or breaches of the Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Risk management strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Maintenance of strategies to promote student participation and empowerment in creating an environment where they feel respected, valued and are capable of reaching their full potential.
Child Safety Officers at St Mary's Primary School
St Mary's Child Safety Policies
Child Safety Code of Conduct
Child Safety Policy
Protect Four Critical Actions for Schools